Wednesday 29 August 2007

Like walking through a hurricane....

Hello again,

Recently (as of 2 months ago)
Tourettes has intensified. It's a constant battle against tourettes to sustain it from becoming really bad. I wake up aching from the day before (Either that or i do it in the night) My neck semi stiff, my arms aching, legs sore.

Which makes it very hard to actually get up out of bed. I tend to find i don't do it AS much when i'm on my computer, although i do it quite a lot while playing guitar or the Nintendo Wii.

People always say; 'Why don't you just not do it', well to siply answer that, try catching a bullet in your hands blindfolded. Yes, inpossible. I truly wish it would just, go away. But that hasn't happened yet.
I have actually thrown my guitar through my wardrobe twice this year, which didn't go down too well with my parents! It wasn't that i was angry, it was because i had a tic while playing my guitar, so yeah, end result usually isn't very good!
I use a drinking bottle to drink out of, because many a cups have been smashed or bent.
I have to use plastic plates and bowls as many a plate has been smashed. With the food on :( So i'm left hungry =/

I have OCD so i have morning rituals and night time ones as well. One thing that does completley cheer me up, even though i still tic and swear and grunt when doing it. Is playing the guitar, i absolutly adore playing the guitar, no matter how hard it may be for me to play without doing something to it (It's an early 1970's Rockster model).

Untill next time =]

Comments are apreciated :)

3 comments:

cailean said...

I hear ya. For me, TS (and OCD/ADD) got bad at about 20... which is pretty rare. (I'll be 24 this month.) It seems to get worse now and then, so you might find that it will go up and down. Like a roller coaster.

But I like your attitude towards it.

Tic Tic Tic Boom said...

It's interesting...Tourette's and music. A lot of people w/ TS are very talented musicians. (Ever see the movie: The Tic Code?) I can understand why. We are compulsive. We can get lost in something very easily. I own a guitar but I have to admit I have never learned to play for real. I know this guy who I grew up with who has TS and he started playin guitar when were in HS. He is amazing. And his tics are under way more control, now. I tell you, us touretters can really pour our nergy into something if we want to. It's good that you have that outlet. Keep your head up, kid. Just remember you are stronger than most people you know. We all, as people, deal w/ the stress of lving but touretters deal with all of that stress and so much more.

Exodius said...

Thank you guys for your comments =]

I felt really bad last night though when i went to my uncles with my family for the night and my little cousins were there. I was constently swearing under my breath (trust me i didn't enjoy it) and i just hoped they didn't hear it. (They are 4 and 6 years old respectivly)