Friday 19 September 2008

Parents Undermeaning

Hello everyone,

Now I'm sure a lot of you have been annoyed with your parents at some stage in your lives.
But I'm afraid that for me, it's most of the time.

When i first developed the symptoms for Tourettes Syndrome, my parents would think i was twitching and grunting for the sake of it and so would tell me to shut up, or go to my room. Now obviously this was absolutely horrible and i always felt so enraged with them.

When i got diagnosed with Tourettes Syndrome it helped a bit, i mean they knew i couldn't help it, my dad though always thought i could control it to a sufficient form. Which i got very aggravated about because i would always have to repeat myself to him and sometimes my Mother would too, but been a Male he would refuse to take it in.
It actually took about a year after been diagnosed with Tourettes Syndrome for my dad to actually stop and think 'oh wait, he can't actually help it'

This was comforting to know to say the least, but still up until this day i feel restricted around my family so much, my sister swears at me because i do it, and says she can do it too, which it appears my Mother doesn't give a shit about.
Every night i watch television alone because to be quite honest, i don't enjoy family time anymore. I feel really self conscious walking around at night time with the knowledge that i will most likely wake my parents up and get yelled at for something i can't help, fair enough it must be annoyed to get awoken at night, but they should understand by now i CANNOT HELP IT, i feel so paranoid around my own home now it's not even funny.

Yes my parents (mainly Mother) have supported me through tough times and do a lot for me, but using that as an excuse all the time when i try and reason with them is not on.

Thank you for taking your time to read and hope you post your thoughts on this.

Regards,
Mark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SYNN!!! :( I feel yeah man T_T