Sunday 14 September 2008

The Restrictions i Face

Hello everyone,

Now i am 17 and I am unable to learn to drive as it is currently unsafe for me to do so, because yes you got it right, my tourettes.
I understand this and i don't think given the choice, i would want to because if what could happen.

Though i know i will drive one day and this is one of my ambitions in life!

Another thing that gets me quite upset and annoyed is the fact sometimes playing my guitar, somedays my tourettes is really bad, that i can't concentrate on playing the guitar, or my playing skills are reduced quite a bit.

I've always wanted to know what i would be like on stage, in-front of people and how my tourettes would act, and how the spectators would act. I mean, will i ever join a band? What happens then, i can't say sorry if i tic on stage and mess up a song can i?

I guess time will tell with this.

I really would love to play the guitar fine everyday without the interruption of my tourettes but this is just not possible..

Thank you for taking your time to read and hope you comment on this.

Regards,
Mark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark, I have also had problems related to my tourettes, although mine isn't as bad as yours. I know how much it sucks to not know whether you will be able to do what you want because of the worry your tics will get in the way. I really hope that yours don't hold you back