Friday 12 September 2008

So called friends

Hello everyone,

Now over this past year, mainly past 6 months, i have had so many friends leave my side because of my tourettes, for reasons ranging from they can't handle it any more to 'i feel embarrassed been with you' now obviously this is going to hurt me a lot. And sometimes i just cannot understand why people do this type of thing.

I am so lucky i have a few true friends that stick by me through everything, i guess you can only find good in some people.

Some of those so called friends even deiced to text message me saying how great there life was without me in it. And i think to myself; 'why bother wasting your time texting me then?' I just don't get some people. I guess that's life though.

What do you all think?
Is this type of thing unnecessary and rude?

Regards,
Mark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do not have tourette personally but people make a fool of me often because I have a different sense for humor.
People feel like i am an idiot for my behaviour sometimes and in fact i was hyperactive for long 8 years of my childhood.
Over the years i learned the only way to not get put into the "idiot box" is not let them put you into it and show that youre still you.
If they tell me I did something stupid that i did not note in the first line even because i did not know it was stupid, then i shame a bit for having done it.
Sometimes i just feel like i need to scream like a psychopath i just need to let it out and it feels better after, even if its just a short queeeek or something.
People are like what the hell was that all about and i dont know but i feel better.
i feel to surpress that and i have no clue why i do that at all...
i really hard to describe why i do it at all. i dont know and wish i wouldnt.
surpressing being hyperactive is not easy and i am 25 inbetween...
i may not have the same you have but i think i can roughly feel with you.
alot of friends left me in due time.

also another thing but i think thats something else...
i think i have some neurotics or however they're called.
everytime i go to a toilet i clean it with wet toilet paper then with dry toilet paper, then i lay alot of toilet paper all over the toilet to sit on so i dont go in direct contact with the toilet.
can not sit in direct contact on a toilet used by unknown people.

sometimes i look at me and think dude how weird am i.
but on the other hand i am professional software developer with cisco certificates and what not.
being different is no sign of failure.

thanks for your blog it's good to see not being allone there.

oh and you may know who posted this but please keep me anonymous.
thank you