Monday 22 September 2008

Passers By...

Hello everyone,

Now was people with Tourettes know, it can be very intimidating and quite annoying walking down a public street. For one, unless your a complete sociopath with no life, no matter how much you said it doesn't, you always get that intimidated feeling that the people who stare at you think you're a psychotic nutjob. Having theses feelings isn't the greatest thing in the world, but neither is it the worst.

The worst is when you get these idiots come up to you and start mimicking what you do and say/chant or whatever. Now i generally tend to ignore these people but sometimes it gets too much and i turn around and say in the not so friendliest of manners 'I have Tourettes, do you think i like been like this' and sometimes that still doesn't stop them, so i just walk on, uncomfortable until i finally get to the destination i was heading towards.

With my friends, it's a different story, i don't really care what i do or what people think of me when i do it because i have people i know and hold close to me alongside. Besides usually if someone says something or mimics while they are around, they get the shouting of there life thrown at them by my friends. I thank my friends for sticking up for me and not taking no shit, so if your read this. You know who you are.

If people would just know a bit more about Tourettes then I'm sure it wouldn't be so bad for us folks with the condition (i stray away from the word disease because that's so false to what Tourettes actually is)
As you can tell I'm actually quite angry today.

Thank you for your time reading this, if you want, drop me a comment as I really will appreciate it.

Regards,
Mark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow... just reading/skimming through some of your blogs you have really taught me a lesson. I've seen shows with ppl with tourettes, the one that irritated me the most was South Park where Cartman pretends to have tourettes just so he has a reason to curse out loud and talk down to ppl. You're friends are lucky to have you as a friend, as you are lucky to have them. You keep doing what you're dong, don't let some ignorant person try to push you down (not in the literal sense) because that is what they want. In one of your latest blogs you wrote how u wanted to stop going, but your friend is right, don't stop going b/c of some idiot. They are only trying to keep you from achieving your goal. Keep it up